Thursday, June 18, 2020

T010: Third Reich 42-45 - Mike (Allies) vs Ken (Axis)

T010. July 10, 1942.

Eastern Front - Murmansk.



Having now lost Leningrad, I'll be damned if I lose Murmansk. I'm immediately transferring all available reinforcements in the northern Eastern Front to the Karelian ports still in Soviet control, and shipping them to Murmansk. The early refit option for the Arkhangelsk Group allowed some stronger units to be available right away. Within two more turns, I should be able to ship a full Soviet army to the defenses. If Ken wants Murmansk, he'll have to spill a lot of blood to get it.

Eastern Front - Rzhev.


The Nazis are mopping up my rear guard as the main Soviet defenses organized and dig in. The 2nd Shock Army is moving down from Leningrad and should be in position as a reserve next turn. New Soviet armies are arriving slowly in the east, usually needing a few turns to gain strength before I can throw them into battle. But there is a lot of Nazi armor in this sector. If Ken wants to attempt to break my line through all these forests, I'm fine with that. It's the sectors to the south that I'm most concerned about, with the wide open plains perfect for an armored offensive.

North Africa - Tobruk.

No screenshot, but an update. I don't know if Ken was purposely doing this, but by cutting off the escape route for my remaining units in Tobruk, I could not disband them. This meant that as long as they were not attacked, they would not be destroyed and reconstituted. As a result, I had to launch doomed assaults just to destroy the units. Those that remain will do the same next turn.

North Africa - El Alamein.


The Axis here attacked several times on the southern flank of the Commonwealth forces line, aided by an air drop of Brandenburgers. Fortunately, the 23rd and 24th British Armored brigades arrived in Cairo and were rushed to the front to help repulse the first wave of attacks. The line has held, even if the Nazi special ops weren't destroyed. The northern flank has not been pressed at all. If absolutely necessary, I can swap the fresher divisions there to relieve the fatigued units in the south. But moving troops on a front line is never ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment