Wednesday, August 8, 2012

TR 42-45 1.5.2 - ALLIED vs Mark - T071: 9.10.43

T071: 9.10.43

Another quiet turn across the board. Much of the movement has been troop shifting away from the Rzhev sector. I know I could have renewed the offensive and probably gained some more ground. But I highly doubt I’d reach anywhere near Vyazma or even sniffed the outskirts of Smolensk. One of the biggest problems with another offensive here is that the Germans now have much more strength in the region, and the rail lines offer ample supply. I’d have to re-mass my artillery for a while and pound away at the front lines for at least a turn or two, giving Mark time to send more help to the area. I’ve sent the 1st and 2nd Guards Armies down south to the Stalingrad sector. The remaining 5-6 Guards armies in the Rzhev sector are resting before moving elsewhere. The most likely places for another offensive is in the Baltic region, or in the North Caucasus. The area west of Astrakhan is still a vulnerable spot for Mark, as there are no rail lines or even improved roads to offer decent supply. The same goes for my forces there, so it’s a risk. But if I can get his units on the run early down there, I could make it all the way up to the southeast sector of Stalingrad, connecting my two fronts. In Karelia, the steam is running out of the German offensive already, as I’ve shifted the 31st Army up from the Rzhev sector to help out.

No comments:

Post a Comment