Friday, June 19, 2020

T012: Third Reich 42-45 - Mike (Allies) vs Ken (Axis)

T012. July 24, 1942.

Eastern Front - Murmansk.



The Nazis and Fins continue to pour reinforcements into the sectors around Murmansk. The trouble for them is that I'm doing the same thing. The 62nd Army is arriving in stages, and I can add more to the operation if needed. No major action yet, other than a few probing attacks on the eastern flank.

Eastern Front - Belomorsk.


I'm waiting for Ken to send troops this way, but for now, I'm trying to disrupt as much as I can. I'm very tempted to keep the remainder of the 62nd Army here and send them to exploit this breach. If--IF--the Axis forces don't respond quickly, there's a serious chance I can reach Kandalaksha. The prize there is to cut the Axis supply lines that converge there. But I wont' get ahead of myself.

North Africa - El Alamein.


Well well well... Ken had a few cards up his sleeve here, including a paratrooper assault that caught me completely by surprise. Fortunately, Ken's complementary attacks on my front line were unsuccessful. Had he broken any point, I may be in serious trouble. But the British were helped by New Zealanders and armor, and held. Now I really lucked out transporting the US divisions to Suez before their historical involvement in the European theater. The Allied position is also bolstered by the return of the 5th Indian Division, which reconstituted this turn, and the arrival of an artillery unit. The Americans will arrive at the front next turn to finish off the enemy behind my lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment