Wednesday, August 5, 2020

T044: Third Reich 42-45 - Mike (Allies) vs Ken (Axis)

T044. 4 March 1943

Strategic Update

For some stupid reason, didn't remember to disband the air transport again. So now the airborne assault as part of Operation Annoyance is delayed yet another turn.

Eastern Front
Operation Pickaxe


Northeast of Bryansk, there's still hope of a breakthrough, but it'll take more time. Ken has several good divisions in reserve and they're the biggest obstacle in this sector. The trouble here, as is the case in the south, is that I can't open holes in the defensive line on the first attack. Once I can start doing that, then I can exploit the breach and push forward. Until that happens, I'll have to continue wearing down the Nazis. 


]I'm transporting fresh armies into the Orel sectors to keep the pressure on there, including a full fresh Guards tank army and three infantry armies. Enemy casualties are very high, one battle hitting 40 percent losses. But my casualties went up each round of attacks. And after all that, I'm unable to get anywhere against the reserves that keep shifting in to replace beaten up defenders when gaps open. This battle is sucking in troops from across the Eastern Front, chewing them up, and spitting them out. The fact that I'm making some headway against the Nazis here is a positive sign that the offensive could succeed. As more armies arrive in the theater, they'll have to move here and relieve the worn down divisions or this will be over sooner than later.


No comments:

Post a Comment