Tuesday, July 21, 2020

T032: Third Reich 42-45 - Mike (Allies) vs Ken (Axis)

T032. 11 December 1942.

North Africa - Morocco
Operation Torch



With that, the Nazi 704. Division and all but a few remaining Vichy units are completely destroyed, opening what I expect to be a relatively clear road all the way to Tunis. Operation Vice has been closed. There's aerial recon reports of possible small Luftwaffe infantry units near Bone, but I'll deal with that after the army rests for a turn or two. The very important development is the supply increase due to capturing the deepwater port at Algiers. On Jan. 15 (Turn 37) the first Canadians will arrive in England, then immediately transfer to North Africa. Next turn I'll start developing the next stage of the North African campaign. I'm debating whether I should continue on the historical path through Sicily and Italy, not waiting for a breakthrough in Egypt, while adding more forces to Tunisia and send a second army eastward through Libya to squeeze the Axis from two sides.

North Africa - Egypt


The only real move I have at the moment is to keep slight pressure on the Axis defensive line at El Alamein, but not tire or deplete my own forces enough to allow them a chance to launch their own offensive. I'm not mentally ready to reenact the first battle for Egypt. I suffered a devastating naval defeat this turn, as the Italian navy went on a rampage once again, destroying the Royal Navy squadrons in the ports of Palestine. Since there are no replacements for the heavy ships, this is not something I'll be able to recoup from.

No comments:

Post a Comment