Sunday, July 26, 2020

T039: Third Reich 42-45 - Mike (Allies) vs Ken (Axis)

T039. 29 January 1943.

North Africa - Strategic Update


There's nothing but token resistance left in North Africa, with fortresses at Benghazi and Tripoli the only obstacles before the Allies can claim campaign victory. It wasn't easy, or cheap. The Axis nearly broke me in Egypt more than once, while dealing severe losses to the Allied naval forces in the Mediterranean. But this opens up the famed "soft underbelly" of Europe for invasion. Now I'll have to consult the scenario notes for where supply points are located along the southern European coast, and start planning the next moves.

Eastern Front - Stalino



I've activated a recon disband that will boost theater recon by 20. That should help me better get a sense of what I'm going to be up against near Orel. At the same time, I'll allow a view of this region of the Eastern Front, east of Stalino. It's precariously isolated, particularly the Axis positions immediately facing Rostov. Rail lines are easily cut off here due to the many rivers they cross. As my offensive preparations included a bridge bombing campaign west of Orel, that's diverted Axis repair units up there. It's allowed me to start cutting off rail supply to the Axis forces here. If I can manage it, I'll finish off the bridges circled in red, which would completely cut off the Axis units circled in gray. If I can do that, I'll rush Soviet units down here and launch an attack toward Stalino instead of Orel. Not only would the blown bridges lower supply for the front line Axis units, but--more importantly--hamper Ken's ability to quickly transport units here by rail, forcing them to disembark much earlier in their trip than right up to the front lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment