Tuesday, May 22, 2012

TR 42-45 1.5.2 - ALLIED vs Mark - T001: 05.08.42

T001 05.08.42

RUSSIA
Sectors: Kursk-Kharkov-Rostov
I've tried the fighting withdrawl strategy here before. As a result of it I lost no less than two full armies. This time, I'm not being so adventurous. I've ordered all Armies between Kursk and Voroshilovgrad to evacuate east toward the Don River. Forming at Kursk, the front will make a right-angle (1) to Voronezh. From there, the 38 and 9 armies--the two completely lost last time when I didn't evacuate immediately--will use the cover of the first river as a natural defensive position (2), with the Don behind them as the fallback line. The remaining few armies are evacuating from the Kharkov sector (3), and should be able to get out with minimal losses. A few Op. Groups are holding back to screen the withdrawl. Though I'm not sure what exactly I'm going to do with this part of the front, the 24 Army and 3 Gds Tank Army are digging in (4) while waiting for more orders. They could be sent south to Rostov, or plug holes elsewhere in the line. Finally, the Rostov sector (5) is holding tight for the moment. There is still a great debate at headquarters about whether or not to invest too much manpower into the Rostov defense. But it will significantly slow the Germans and Romanians as they move into the Caucasus. As long as I keep this to a delaying action, and not a full-fledged static defense, it should provide the maximum benefit to the lowest cost possible.

 (Yes, I know the slide date is wrong)

GLOBAL
No other major movements or actions to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment