Wednesday, May 9, 2012

TR 42-45 1.5.2 - ALLIED vs Mark - T016: 08.21.42

T016 08.21.42

RUSSIA 

Sector: Leningrad
I had a feeling this was coming soon, but not this soon. Mark has started his assaults on the Leningrad defenses. Once Sevastopol fell, I had observed the rail guns moving north to this sector, as well as the 11 Armee earlier in last month. The front line troops from the 55 and 42 Armies have held off the initial blows, but several units were forced to fall back. The problem here is that I can't get any more troops into the city's defense, obviously since this is a siege situation. My best hope is to hold out until more reinforcements can arrive and I can pressure the Germans elsewhere on the Russian Front, likely just south of Leningrad. It will take a valiant effort by the encircled Russians in the city to hold the city for more than a few weeks.




AFRICA

Sector: El Alamein
Once I saw the DAK and Italians were creeping toward El Alamein, I thought it best to tease them into early combat. So I've sent out the South Africans and 8 Armour from the XXX Corps to harass the Axis lead elements. Though it was a bit of a suicide mission, suffering severe losses already, the job was done well. The DAK and Italians were already struggling to maintain high readiness on the way to El Alamein, but having to engage my troops any earlier than necessary will take a costly toll on them once they reach my main defensive line. Long term, however, I have no idea what's going to happen in North Africa, specifically when I'm going to launch a counter offensive.



No comments:

Post a Comment