Wednesday, June 6, 2012

TR 42-45 1.5.2 - ALLIED vs Mark - T013: 07.31.42

T013 07.31.42

RUSSIA 

Sectors: Maikop
The German breakthrough is gaining steam with each shot fired. My lines are shattered, and now it's just a great race to the mountain passes and the sea. At first, I counted only three Panzer corps, but now I see that four were waiting to pounce. This, combined with the infantry corps, was too much for even my three armies plus another two to defend against. My hope here is to salvage a few divisions to defend the mountain pass along the Black Sea. Worse yet, the mobile supply points have been caught up in the panic, and are likely going to be destroyed in retreat.



Sectors: Yelets-Voronezh
Though it looks dangerous, the small breakthroughs by the Germans are only more of the same in this part of the Russian Front. I should have little trouble plugging up the two open holes (1 & 2), while still maintaining my reserve force  of the 7 Gds Army. My plans for a counter offensive hinge on the front line divisions holding off the Germans for at least another two weeks. Somewhat surprising is how well my Yelets Sector forces have held against the 2 Panzer Armee, which wasn't able to puncture the defenses. 



Sectors: Murmansk
Last week, I had the 33 Army all ready to sail from Archangelsk, but completely forgot about them. So now the Germans and Finns are pressing on Murmansk. The 33 Army won't arrive until next week. I should be able to hold until then. This would be a major loss for the Allies.




No comments:

Post a Comment