Tuesday, June 12, 2012

TR 42-45 1.5.2 - ALLIED vs Mark - T019: 09.11.42

T019 09.11.42

RUSSIA 

Sector: Leningrad
Kirovsk has fallen, not a moment later than I anticipated. It took about three attacks for the Germans to finally break the line. To the southwest, another concerted effort, this time including an SS Panzer division, failed after three attempts to break the line. As Mark put it, "that other division deserves a buttload of medals."  But I'm afraid medals won't save Leningrad...

Sectors: Yelets-Voronezh
Unlike Leningrad, the central sectors of Yelets-Voronezh are improving slightly. Of course, bringing such a force of four Guards armies to bear on the enemy will help your chances more often than not. Still, capturing three hexes, one on either side of Yelets and one near Voronezh, will keep the Germans on their toes here. My hope is that I can destabilize the German lines enough to force troops to be siphoned off from other parts of the front. And if I can bag a few Nazi divisions in the process, fantastic.

AFRICA

Sector: El Alamein
The DAK and Italians are sort of falling into my trap, advancing close to the coast, with the bulk of their armor hugging the main rail line. The next two weeks will be critical to the outcome in this theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment