Thursday, June 28, 2012

TR 42-45 1.5.2 - ALLIED vs Mark - T031: 12.04.42

T031 12.04.42

Sector: Astrakhan
The lines have been restored, albeit with the loss of the 4th Shock units in the pocket. The 7th Gds Army has been comitted to battle against the LXXXVIII Korps, not pushing back the Germans, but helping stymie their advance. No other major movement this turn in this sector. Stabilizing the lines were priority #1, and I’m expecting to renew pressure on the Axis next turn.

Sectors: Grozny-Black Sea Coast
For the second straight turn, no real action in either sector. Mark indicated that this was due to air power being reallocated to the Astrakhan sector. I’ll take it.

Sector: Egypt-Libya
The 2nd New Zealand broke through to relieve the 7th Armour. It’s a critical victory for the British in North Africa. Not only does it keep a valuable mechanized unit in tact, but holds the wedge in place along the coast road. To the south, the I/X Corps is holding its ground while the V and XIII Corps press the Axis.

Sector: Algeria
The quick progress in Algeria has slowed, but hasn’t stopped. The Italian division in Phillipeville could be a tough nut to crack. With the 2nd Armored and rest of the V Corps arriving, it shouldn’t take more than a turn or two to dislodge the defenders and press on into Tunisia. The II Corps continues its slow march east from Algiers, as the British 52nd Division arrives to sweep the Italaians from the mountains.

Sector: Tunis
The Italians tried to break my blockade of Tunis, but the Royal Navy battleship and carrier groups, and the US Ranger and New York groups blew the enemy from the water. Now there is an Italian division caught at sea, which should be no problem to destroy.

No comments:

Post a Comment