Friday, June 29, 2012

TR 42-45 1.5.2 - ALLIED vs Mark - T032: 12.11.42

T032 12.11.42

Sectors: The Caucasus
Very little action in this region. It’s a far cry from just a few turns ago. But there seems to be a recovery period happening on both sides right now. OPERATION: WATERFALL was far from successful, but it did draw units away from Grozny, and forced Mark to rethink his strategy in the entire Caucasus region. I wouldn’t go down without a fight. My force south of Astrakhan is still very formidable, and has the power to renew the offensive, should the opportunity present itself. The problem actually comes from hundreds of miles north, in Finland. With the fall of Leningrad, the Axis are now going to concentrate on capturing Murmansk, my critical Lend Lease port. I’m being forced in a way to keep pumping troops into the Karelian region, with the idea to keep the Axis from leaving an open path to Viipuri. I could sure use these troops in the Caucasus. If they were available, I’d probably renew the offensive and push on to relieve Grozny. Come to think of it, that might not be a bad risk to take at this stage. However, as usual, the clock is ticking.

Sector: Egypt-Libya Border
The Axis have been pushed back far enough where a general withdrawal has apparently been ordered. With Tobruk as the only escape route back to mainland Europe, I’m likely going to set up a blockade of that port with the Royal Navy’s two Mediterranean squadrons and the Royal Navy Aircraft Carrier group, all currently stationed in Alexandria. The DAK has pulled back toward Sidi Barrani, concentrating its power on the XXX Corps, which has pushed deep into the flank along the coast. Now that the XIII Corps has arrived to continue to push west, it’s now a matter of speed. I’m trying my best to get the I, V, VIII and X Corps moving west, but key Italian strongholds are slowing things to a painful level. I can’t attack into dunes or badlands with certain units, meaning a few of these Italian divisions are in places I can’t get to. Victory is at hand, but not yet complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment