Monday, July 16, 2012

TR 42-45 1.5.2 - ALLIED vs Mark - T049: 4.9.43

T049: 04.09.43

Sector: Yelets - OPERATION: MEGAPHONE
I’m closing down OPERATION: MEGAPHONE. The offensive isn’t going anywhere fast, and the main objective at Kursk is not going to happen any time soon. But the fighting will continue. I’ve ordered the recently arrived 5th Guards Tank forward into the battle, as the main force of five Guards armies pushed the Germans back a full hex across the battle front. However, with reinforcements arriving, the Germans counterattacked and pushed me back, negating most of the gains from the previous push.

Sector: Black Sea Coast
This area continues to be the thorn in my side. Line after line falls to the German advance. Now that Poti has fallen, and the rail line cut off to Batumi, I’d need at least two full mechanized armies to thwart any more progress by the Axis. And with the concentration on the Yelets offensive, I can’t spare all that much. The 10th Guards Op Group tried to bolster my most recent line in front of Kutaisi, but to no avail. The 40th Army is staging at Baku, and should be able to board trains next turn for this sector. I also have the 4th Guards Army staging at the port hex of Mumra, south of Astrakhan, ready to sail to Baku. Once at Baku, the 4th will come to the aid of the Black Sea Coast defenders... if any of them are left by then.


No comments:

Post a Comment