Wednesday, August 15, 2012

TR 42-45 1.5.2 - ALLIED vs Mark - T089: 1.14.44

T089: 1.14.44

Sector: Vyazma
This turn was full of gains, as the main front line was able to push ahead by an average of a full hex. The 1st Guards Tank army has broken into Vyazma, with the 5th Guards Tank on both its flanks. I was unable to follow up on these gains with reinforcements, so I’m expecting to lose some of the hexes to counterattacks this upcoming turn. The 1st Guards Army and 4th Guards Tank are ready to come up next turn to renew the offensive with fresh troops. The 1st and 5th Tank will retire to the rear for a turn or two. The rotation approach has worked in this sector, as I’ve been able to keep fresh units on the front line for at least two turns at a time. Even the artillery units have been able to get some rest here and there.

Sector: Yelets
Just some limited attacks that forced back some German units, but no gains. A bigger push will come this upcoming turn.

Sector: Salerno
The US divisions have held in the face of some decent counterattacks, with some new attacks by the 3rd, 36th and 45th Divisions being repulsed by the SS troops in the hills.

Sector: Ofanto River
The British 1st Armoured Brigade was able to regain the lost hex from last turn, and this time was reinforced by the 6th South African Armoured Division. It’s one of the most powerful armored divisions in the Commonwealth Army. The initial breakthrough here was instigated by the Australian and New Zealand Divisions, same as last time. Along the coast, the 9th Aussies and 8th Armour pushed back the Germans, but weren’t able to capture the hex.

No comments:

Post a Comment