Wednesday, August 29, 2012

TR 42-45 1.8 ALLIED T014

T014: 8.7.42

Strategic Outlook
A strong bridge bombing campaign has hurt my supply lines, knocking out key connections with my troops along the Don and in the Caucasus. Unfortunately, I’ll have to hang on for another turn before they can be fixed, as most of the repair crews had to be sent in by train and aren’t disembarked at this time. It feels like Mark is planning another big push soon, but I’m not sure where. The northern small offensive east of Leningrad isn’t all that impressive, and I haven’t spotted any reinforcements coming up from other sectors. The central sectors have been pretty quiet. The only place is in the North Caucasus, where the main column of German and Romanian forces are hugging the rail line south from Rostov. Mark’s troops must be pretty spent after a pretty tough fight around Rostov. That would tell me he’s not quite ready to launch any large attacks in the next turn or two. In that time, I should be able to get my supply lines repaired. I might even disband a theater option to boost supply for a few turns, just to give my side a bit of a pick-me-up. There are opportunities for me to launch counter-offensives in a few places, though I’m not yet sure where I want to strike.

Leningrad
Mark tried to develop his bridgehead a bit more, but I’m thinking it won’t go too much farther than it already has. My reinforcements are arriving and ready to push back hard in the next turn or two. If I can throw him back across the river, that would be a huge victory, but I’ll settle for simply containing this wound for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment