Tuesday, October 9, 2012

TR 42-45 1.8 ALLIED T025

T025: 10.23.42

Strategic Outlook
Skipping ahead one turn, the mud has now cleared, and I’m bracing for what should be a renewed attack from Mark’s forces along the Don Front and in the Caucasus. Since this is the first turn since the mud cleared, Mark hasn’t yet moved without the shock penalty. So not much action actually took place this turn. I was able to ship reinforcements to all sectors. Most of them were reconstitutions of destroyed units, meaning I had to give them a few turns resting in the Urals to build up some additional strength.

Don Front


With the deployment of the 2nd Guards Army, I have at least a little more strength in my defensive line. Ideally, I’d like to hold the line a few hexes in front of the Don, as I don’t want to let Mark get even close to Stalingrad. Plus, my position at the western neck of the Don is very advantageous, in it could allow an opportunity to launch an offensive to Rostov. Right now, it’s all about delaying the Axis as long as possible.

Tobruk


Mark will likely get his last two units out of Tobruk. There is one infantry division and an AA unit in the port hex. I’m in complete control of the region. Once the Eighth Army recouperates for a few turns, I’ll begin moving west toward Tripoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment