Tuesday, October 9, 2012

TR 42-45 1.8 ALLIED T027

T027: 11.6.42

Strategic Outlook
Action has somewhat settled into a steady stream along the Don and Caucasus Fronts. The Axis divisions continue to press, as my defense-in-depth approach is working rather well. I’ll have to wait until next turn for the large assortment of artillery divisions. More updates in the sector reports.

Don Front
The arrival of the Orel Front mechanized divisions has made a big difference here. Not only have they plugged big gaps in my line, but managed to launch two counterattacks that threw back some lead German divisions. It’s still a situation far from resolution, but I’m feeling a bit better now about my chances of keeping Mark far away from Stalingrad.

Central Caucasus
I’ll need a few more armies to really bolster my next stop line along the river/canal. The 5th Guards Tank has been railed down from the north, though it’s not up to full combat readiness. It will file into position behind the 70th Army. I’m trying as hard as I can to keep my divisions in front of the Germans, forcing them to fight for every hex gained. Reinforcements are still coming, but it takes time to get just one army ready for combat, never mind a bunch of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment