Wednesday, June 24, 2020

T020: Third Reich 42-45 - Mike (Allies) vs Ken (Axis)

T020. 18 September 1942.

North Africa - Egypt. 



All divisions along the southern flank have pulled back into a consolidated line west of Cairo, using the delta marshes as a barrier to the north. This has freed up considerable reserves that I can now rest up and use to combat any excursions to the north. It looks like Ken is trying to force me into a counter move in the north, but I have enough to hold him for now. As my divisions in the south gain strength, that will solve my force's deficiencies I'm currently working against.

Eastern Front - Leningrad.
Operation Tuning Fork.



Things aren't all that horrible. The Soviets on the southern prong of the fork finally connected, but the bridgehead there is still tenuous. The Nazis are massing for what appears to be enough for a counterattack, but my money is on just a strong containment of my advance. The northern attack has fared very poorly, still unable to dislodge the SS division holding the main objective along the river. In several weeks, there's been literally no gains made here. It's laughable that I thought this offensive would get all the way to the Baltic. But it has at least forced Ken to move troops into the sector and away from other areas where he may have done more damage to my defensive operations.

No comments:

Post a Comment