Friday, May 25, 2012

TR 42-45 1.5.2 - ALLIED vs Mark - T004: 05.29.42

T004 05.29.42

RUSSIA

Monthly Review - May '42
Three major stages of action this month on the Russian Front. Near Rzhev (1), I ordered the managed withdrawal from a dangerous salient. This freed up some valuable units, as well as allowed this section of the front to dig in with reserves. The line was entirely too thin before the move.

To the south, German, Romanian and Hungarian forces made a heavy push (2) coinciding with my second managed withdrawal to the Don River. The position was a big problem area from the start of this scenario, and the last time I did this, it wasn't so organized. The result was significant loss. But this time, with plenty of screening units to hold the Axis from getting a solid shot at my armies, only two formations were lost (13 Army, 40 Army) north of Kharkov.

The second stage of the Axis advance (3) pushed my lines farther east, but not farther than the original stop line at the Don. Voronezh remains well-defended with reserves to spare, while the sectors to the sounth have more time to dig in and develop a plan. The Panzers have had much more success in the Orel and Kursk sectors than those marching toward Rostov and Stalingrad. The defense of Maikop and Grozny in the Caucasus should improve as more units are sent south to dig into the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment