Thursday, August 9, 2012

TR 42-45 1.5.2 - ALLIED vs Mark - T075: 10.8.43

T075: 10.8.43

Sector: Sicily - Southern Italy - OPERATION: SLAPSTICK
The Italian army has surrendered. However, the Germans have been building a fortified defensive line from Salerno to the Adriatic, using the natural barrier of the Ofanto River--leading me to assume their name for it is the “Ofanto Line.” I’ve begun the invasion of southern Italy via OPERATION: SLAPSTICK, with the lead elements of the V and X Corps, and 18th Army Group (4th Division) landing at Taranto and Bari. The US Fifth Army and V Corps are advancing across the Strait of Messina to establish bases in Calabria. I’m not anticipating using the V Corps permanently in Italy, instead sticking with the II and VI Corps as done historically.

As of this posting, I have not used the Avalanche Sea Transport Disband.

Sector: Karelia
The Axis here are still pushing slowly south. It’s not much of a concern, though, as I have enough reserves to counter any serious threat.

Sector: Grozny
The small holdouts south of Grozny are now being pushed back into the mountain passes. I don’t believe Mark thinks this is a viable route to T’Bilisi, but rather it could be a way to free up divisions for operations elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment