Wednesday, August 15, 2012

TR 42-45 1.5.2 - ALLIED vs Mark - T100: 4.1.44

T100: 4.1.44

Sector: Karelia
The 32nd Army and 5th Shock Army have begun their advance south, pushing back the Fin II Corps and Isthmus Group divisions. Now that the initial breach has been made, I can move south with the 3rd Guards Tank and 4th Guards Army through the gap, right along the rail line. Petrozavodsk is within reach, which controls the supply lines to the Fins defending the Svir River.

Sector: Vyazma - Smolensk
All of my mechanized divisions couldn’t make any breakthroughs this turn, though some of Mark’s front line units are worn down to barely anything.

Sector: Yelets
I’ve continued limited attacks along this front, even without any intention of advancing very far. Yelets, for all its blood and bullets so far in this scenario, hasn’t served much purpose other than to wear out both sides.

Sector: Stalingrad - OPERATION: URANUS
Tentative plans now are for the operation to commence next turn, beginning with massive artillery bombardments to soften up the fortified units along the river. I’m really hoping it won’t take more than a turn to dislodge the defenders, as I’ll only have a turn (maybe two) to get across the river and moving west.

Sector: Naples
With the arrival of the 1st Armored Division and British 21st Armoured Brigade at Anzio, the Allies were finally able to recapture the town. Just east of the town, the Canadian 5th Armour and 1st Division pushed back elements of the LXXXIII. Korps, but now face the 21. Panzer Division in a fortified position. North of Naples, the US VII Corps is making more progress attacking the main Axis line along the mountains. The 2nd Armored and 5th Armored both made breakthroughs at two points. At the northern of the two, the 3rd and 9th Divisions force the Germans to retreat, but couldn’t move in to capture the hext next to the 2nd Armored. It should be noted that the 3rd Division is now at 94% proficiency, easily the highest in the Allied forces, and better than most SS Divisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment