Wednesday, August 15, 2012

TR 42-45 1.5.2 - ALLIED vs Mark - T110: 6.10.44

T110: 6.10.44

Strategic Update
The main thrust of Mark’s shock bonus was focused in Karelia. He really smashed up my forces there pretty well, isolating several divisions in two pockets. I could stand to lose as many as three full armies in this battle, depending on whether or not I can rescue them outright, or at least re-establish supply from either the east or the south... and I couldn’t be happier. Why? Because Mark has focused his efforts on one of the least strategically-important regions in this entire scenario. Sure, I would rather not lose that many troops and ground. But it’s a hell of a lot better than, say, him pushing me out of Yelets, or crushing the URANUS offensive.

Sector: Karelia
I’ve reopened the supply corridor to Medvzhyegorsk, though only by one hex. The Germans here are exhausted at this point, so I should be able to push them back enough to give my engineers room to breathe and repair the rail line. More importantly, getting supply flowing once again to the 4th Guards and 3rd Guards Tank near Petrozavodsk will allow them to resume offensive operations. From the south, the 7th Army has broken the Fin line along the Svir, while the 1st Guards Army is on the verge of doing the same at its own bridgehead. The 7th should be able to connect with the northern force very soon. That will give me two paths of supply to my Karelian forces.


Sector: Foggia - Southern Italy
The XXX Corps has seized the advantage along the coast road, capturing Foggia and its airfield. Momentum is definitely building on this side of the Boot, which will exponentially help on the western side. My plans for the invasion of France will require the free use of at least two of the American Corps currently in Italy--the II and VI Corps. The British X Corps is also pushing hard at the base of the Apennines, but couldn’t mimic the success of the XXX Corps. Now in full force, the Polish II Corps is taking up the advance in the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment